Elder Derrrick Castro

Elder Derrrick Castro

Friday, February 25, 2011

February 23, 2011

Hey mom!

Great to hear from you this week! This has been a good week so far for you and hope the week is going well for you there as well. Seems like you had lots of fun with everything that went on last week. Looks like you guys had lots of adventures and that's good! It's good to see lots of pictures again because I always love it when I get to see pictures of things that you are doing back home. It's always good to see everyone's face and see that everyone is happy and still going well back home. I miss everyone and the pictures help with that. Thanks mom.

I can't believe how tall both Danica and Danielle are now! That pictures with you and Danielle standing outside the pie shop. Wow! Danielle is growing now! Haha, good for her though. It looks like they just grow each time you send me pictures. Good to see that they are maturing and helping you out more and more at home.

Things are going great here! As I mentioned last week transfers happened and the two other elders were replaced with sister missionaries. The sisters' names are Sister Adjei from Ghana and Sister Moeakiola from Tonga. They both been on their missions for quite some time now and Sister Moeakiola and I finish our missions at the same time. They have been really helpful contacting more people and receiving more investigators each day. Our area is really flourishing. We have about 6 really really strong investigators who we hope to get baptized by early March. The work has been great just in the first week of this cycle. 

Other great news! David A. Bednar will be here on Friday to speak only with us missionaries up in Scarsdale! It will be another great opportunity to hear from an apostle of the Lord. It will be really exciting and I can't wait to tell you all about what he talks about. Should really be a good time.

Thanks mom again for e-mailing me this week. It's always good to hear from you and see that you and everyone are doing well at home. I miss you all and I love you all very much. I hope the rest of the week goes well for you and that work comes easily. Tell everyone I said "hi" and that I miss them and love them. Thanks mom. I miss you and I love you. I will talk to you again next week! Take care until then! I will keep you all in my prayers always.

Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment