Hello mom!
Great to hear from you this week! All is well here in New York. The
weather has been great and spring is coming into effect. Good to hear
all is still well in San Diego. It always seems so perfect back at
home. DST kind of threw us off because we didn't know it was coming so
soon. At least our church starts at 1 here so we didn't have to worry
about being late or anything. I only realized that it was DST when we
looked at the phone and the time was different from the kitchen stove
time. I was really confused at first but I figured it was just DST so
we got back on track.
Things have been good here recently already this week we have eaten
tons of food! We had corn bread, BBQ chicken, mac and cheese and
veggies at one appointment and fried tilapia, salad, plantains, French
fries and bread right after that appointment. It's been good. Speaking
of food, I had probably the weirdest thing I ate on my mission on
Monday. My companion, his family is from Nigeria so he made this soup.
It has spinach but it also has gizzard, beef tripe (stomach) and cow
foot. I ate it all! It was interesting. The other elders in the
apparently couldn't stand the smell of it, haha. I took at picture of
it so I will send that to you so nicki can post it on the blog.
Although it is close to my year mark I'm still keeping focus on my
work. The work that I still have left to do. Even though time has gone
by fast I will continue to use the time I have left to my advantage.
Not only am I working to bring others unto Christ but I'm also working
to shape myself into the person I want to be when I come back. It's
tough sometimes but I know every tough experience is just something to
build and learn upon.
I won't dwell on the time I have left but take advantage of every
moment I have left serving the Lord. I'm very thankful for you and dad
and the girls and everyone for your support while I'm here in New
York. I hope for the best in the next year and I know I am the only
one who can stop myself from becoming better and improing myself. I
will do my best and make you proud. I miss you and I love you mom!
Thanks for everything and I will talk to you again next week!
Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment