Hey mom!
Good to hear from you this week. I always look forward to hearing from you every week and seeing how you and everyone are doing. Thanks for e-mailing me. Hope your week continues to be well. I was really busy P-day yesterday, we helped someone move and went to play basketball but was given permission to e-mail you quickly today because I'm in the library today volunteering for service time.
It's been a good week. My companion and I are continuing to meet with members and just getting to know them. It's been really good. We have really great members and families in the Ward. They are very nice and they feed us a lot. I've been exercising so I don't become fat, haha. We also have been meeting with one of our investigators. Her name is Julia and she is 11 years old. Her mom is a member but her dad isn't, but her dad is okay with her getting baptized into the church so we are reviewing her for her baptism that will take place on the 30th of this month. The sister missionaries before us did a great job in teaching her because she is very smart and she knows a lot of things about the gospel. She is very excited about being baptized. She is a lot like Danielle, always ready to learn about the gospel and very smart about the gospel too. We're looking forward to her baptism.
That's good the weather is becoming good again in San Diego again. The weather here is just ugly. It's either raining or snowy. The ground is all mucky and difficult to walk in. Your shoes will always get wet and messed up due to the bad weather conditions but we deal and just go on with the work. I look at the weather here and it always makes me miss San Diego and the good weather.
Hopefully the year will hold good things for everyone and will just have more memories to hold onto. 13 more months and I'll be home. Can't believe I'm this close to the half way point. It's been so long but it seems like time travels so fast. Can't wait to see what the year holds for me as a missionary. Oh yeah, forgot to tell you that I will be speaking on the 30th of January as well. Just sharing my testimony as the new missionary here and also about my thoughts on prayer and fasting. I have lots to speak about so it should be good. Whenever I prepare a talk now I just jot down some notes and let the spirit help me with what I want to say. It really works well.
I wish I could see the blog that Nicki made. I'm sure she's doing a good job at managing that. Will love to see what it looks like when I come back. I'm doing fine out here and I hope you all at home continue to do well. I will continue to work hard out here mom. Thank you for all your support and kind words each week. They really do keep me going out here. I miss you and love you so much everyone! I will talk to you again next week.
Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment