Elder Derrrick Castro

Elder Derrrick Castro

Friday, January 14, 2011

January 5, 2011

Hey mom!!

It's good to hear from you once again and I'm doing great this week as always. I have some BIG NEWS! I AM BEING TRANSFERRED INTO THE ENGLISH PROGRAM FOR AWHILE. I was really surprised when I received the news that I was being transferred. I knew it would be sooner or later when it would happen. I will probably serve in the English program for about 4-6 months. The area I will be in is named Olmstead. It's a little bit above the Bronx. I think I will still be the District Leader because I was not called and released. I am really nervous about it because it will be a completely different experience than the ASL program. I hope I can adjust to things quickly and get straight to work. My companion there will be Elder Ibisagba. He's from Florida and I know him from him being in our zone before. I'm really nervous and I feel like I did before I entered the MTC and before I arrived in New York. I'll probably be transferred a little more now than usual in my time in the English program. Be sure to inform those on Facebook and also others to send any mail for me to the mission office for now until I can get you my new address. I'll send that next week. Also be sure to remind dad to hold off on sending the grill that he wanted to send me so I just have less stuff to carry around with me. I told him to put off sending it to me until I get back into the ASL program because after I come back I'll probably stay for the rest of my mission. I hope all goes smoothly tomorrow when we go to transfer meeting. I just recently finished packing up and now we're here in the library doing our e-mail. We might go eat later just to have a little good bye thing for me but I don't know yet. I'm nervous and a little scared but I keep praying that all those emotions will go away.

That's the biggest news of the week. Good to see that things went well with the branch new years party. It looked like it was a blast as always. Good to hear that there was a big turn out and that the girls and cousins all got to do their dance. Looked like they had a good time performing it. Thank you for sending me the pictures. Really made me feel like I was there with you all. The last picture was funny with you doing the peace signs, haha. We had a good new years eve. We got in early and we cooked dinner. We had Turkey with gravy and mashed potatoes. It was really good and it was good to just be in early and rest and move into the new year. Just been continuing our hard work here.

The weather recently has been like the weather back home. Really cool and not too cold. It's been really nice and made me think a lot about home. Hopefully it will stay like this and not become too cold again. Maybe it will snow more in the latter end of winter. The apartment stays pretty warm at night because of all the heaters which is good so we don't really need to pack ourselves dressed warm for when we go to bed.

Hope dad and grandpa are able to enjoy their short trip our to Idaho. Good that grandpa got to go and spend time with dad just the two of them. Hope Nicki is doing well and continuing to work hard at her school work. Time to take down the Christmas decor huh? Well, it's just another year passed. Now just one more Christmas and I'll be back! Can you believe it's going that fast?

Well, I think that's all for now. President actually just called and released me as a District Leader so a little pressure taken off of me. He said I will be out for a little and then come back to the ASL Program. Most likely only 4 months. That would be two transfers. Wish me luck mom and again thank you for everything. I miss you all and love you all very much. I will talk to you next week and tell you how my first week is in the English program. Can't wait to see what will happen. Tell Danica and Danielle I said Hi and that I miss them both. Talk to you soon mom!

Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment