Hey Nicki!
Good to hear from you. Glad to see you've made it home safely. How does it feel to be back for a little now? Hopefully you're having fun being back home in San Diego. It's good though, always need a break from school and stuff. That's good you're thinking of staying there for college. You've already made lots of friends there and seem comfortable there so I think it'll be good for you. I'm glad to hear you are loving it so much there. You're doing great.
Sounds like you'll be really busy if you also land a counsellor job. That's cool that it is also paid! That will be good for you so you can also pay off some of your schooling which is really important since school is so expensive. That will be a fun experience for you.
That is cool you will be going to the singles branch. I was always afraid to go. But good for you that you will be going. I'm sure you will have fun there. Lots of people we know are there so it should feel right at home. I can't believe so many are back from their missions and Jacob and Nate will be heading out on their missions! Everyone is just growing up really fast and life is just going by. Sooner than you know I will be back! Ahhh! Hard to believe and hard to think about.
I'm in the Olmstead area of the Bronx right now, but... I will for sure be going back to the ASL program in May. Around May 11th I think it is. Because my "father" is going home, Elder Wright. Then there will be a spot for me to come back. I am excited but sad at the same time because I've grown to love the English program and the ward and area here. It's been good but I will be happy to go back. I contacted a deaf lady yesterday on the bus and it felt so good to use sign language again. Good to know I haven't lost it all. It's been a good area. We are teaching two young kids right now getting ready for baptism on the 24th of this month. Their names are Tanitra and Tylil. They are 12 and 11.
I absolutely loved General Conference! It was soo awesome and probably my favorite one of the recent ones. I loved the talks by Elder Eyring in the Saturday morning session about the Law of Consecration and service and also the talks of Dallin H. Oaks and Richard G. Scott about marriage. Made me think a lot about what I should prioritize in my life as well as what I should work to become and change in my own life. Conference was definitely good. What did you think of the speakers? Any stand out to you?
Well I hope all is continuing to be well with you! I miss you and I love you so much little sister! Take care of the family and good lots of good while you are home. E-mail me back soon and I will talk to you then! Keep up the good work and be safe and tell everyone that I miss them and love them! I will talk to you again soon!
Love always,
Your big brother Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment