Great to hear from you this week! Wow, you guys were really busy this
past week! You have lots going on in the next few days too. I'm really
excited about conference this weekend! We will be watching in the
church building. I can't wait to hear from many of my favorite
Apostles as well as the Prophet! Conference is always a great and
spiritual time. I love the messages and stories that are always shared
each time. I look forward to take some good notes and really listen to
their counsel. That is so great you will be there with the girls and
even Nicki will attend with you again! That's good. I hope you all
have fun there and I look forward to going with you all again when I'm
back.
This week has been good so far. The weather is just crazy here and
it's just off and on rain. It's even supposed to snow this weekend! I
got sick from melt companion. It hailed a couple of days ago so he got
sick and I think he passed it onto me now. I'm doing my best to get
better. Hopefully I won't be sick for a long time. I'm not feeling too
well but at least today I will be able to rest up.
Our transfers happened again this week. Nothing changed for our
district this time around. Everyone will be staying. It's good though
because this last cycle our district really bonded with eachother so
we're happy that we're all staying for another cycle. Elder Gervacio
went back to ASL which means after Elder Wright goes home this next
cycle I might be going back to ASL. I'm happy to at least be here for
one more cycle. It's definitely been fun here but I'll be happy to go
back to sign language again.
Work continues to be well. We just got back to teaching the Fernandez
family new just found out they aren't married so that will be a hurdle
to overcome before they can be baptized but we think as we continue to
teach them the decision to be married will come more easily. They are
truly a great family and just hope that soon that they will continue
to listen to the spirit and the gospel.
That's cool you got a new phone! Andriod phones are supposed to be
really good. I remember the first one came out right before I left on
my mission. That's good that those phones are getting popular.
Hopefully that will be a good phone for you.
Our mission continues to read the Book of Mormon together. I continue
to love reading the scriptures each and everyday. It's always a good
way to start off your day. It's always great how things just pop up
sometimes and they are totally new. We are truly blessed to have this
book for our time. Lives truly can change through reading this book.
I'm thankful to be in the Lord's service.
I hope your day and week continue to be well. Hope you guys enjoy
conference! Take lots of pictures and send them to me! Look out for
the total of missionaries during the Saturday session! I miss you and
I love you mom! Take care and I will talk to you again next week!
Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment