Elder Derrrick Castro

Elder Derrrick Castro

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

March 23, 2011

Hey mom!
Today I am doing well. We just played basketball today and now doing e-mail. In a little bit my district and I will be going to this Ghana restaurant because Sister Adjei in my district is having her birthday tomorrow so we thought we'd take her to the Ghana restaurant here because she is from Ghana and she has been talking about going there so we will do that after we are done e-mailing. Just been having a pretty relaxed day.

This week we had interviews with President Smith. Mine went well. Lasted almost an hour and we talked a lot about the district and how things are doing. I told him things are great and we are doing well. We are enjoying our district here and the area and ward are great. The way he put it I think we will all be staying here for another cycle which we are all excited about. I talked to him about when I'd be back in the ASL Program and all he said was, "soon." Could be possible after the upcoming cycle that I go back into the ASL program because I think Elder Gervacio might go back this coming cycle. Just doing my best here in Olmstead for the meantime,

We didn't baptize the family yet. But we're still slowly working with them to get them to that point. They are spotty on church attendance and we really want them to come consistently before they are baptized. They are a great family and I know whether it be soon or later they will be great members of the church. I always feel a great spirit whenever we teach them.

Good to hear that things are still the norm over there back at home. Having Branch activites and just always partying with good Filipino food and such. It's great and I miss those kinds of celebrations.

I miss you all there. I hope all continues to be well. I'm sorry if the e-mail is short but we have to hurry home and shower before we head to the restaurant to go and eat. I hope you all stay safe and continue to have a good time back home. No worries about me here. I'm doing fine and I'm doing my best to full serve the Lord and His children here in New York. The weather may be yucky but we get through and we know the Lord will help us through it all. Thanks mom for your e-mail this week. I hope to have more to tell you next week. Stay safe and tell everyone that I love them. I love you and I miss you mom and dad!

Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro 

No comments:

Post a Comment