Hey you three,
Sorry I didn't get to e-mail you guys last week. Was really crunched for time. We had to hurry off to an apointment that night. We got to doing our e-mail late. Hope all has been well with you guys this past week. Looks like you had a good time during the 4th of July in Seaport Village! You guys brought the UKE! Now, do you guys really know how to play or are you just using it as a prop "pretending" like you know, hmmmm? Haha, just kidding I'm sure you guys are working on your skills! Keep it up and maybe you can be better than me at UKE! We have a guitar here and I play it at night before bed sometimes. I'm getting better at it. It's fun because Elder Gervacio and I always bust out into song. The other night we harmonized on "Here's to the night" by Eve 9. Don't know if you guys know that song but it's a good summer song that's pretty old. We have good times. Good to see you all smiling in the pictures. You're all growing up super fast. Danica you are tall yo! Stop growing or you will be taller than me! Ahh! How were the fireworks? Awesome I bet. I didn't get to see fireworks. We have an early curfew on the 4th of July. It stinks but it's for our safety. We saw fireworks from our window but they were far. Then there was all the illegal fireworks people were setting off in the streets. It was going on all night! Ahh, really hard to sleep with all the noise. I think you just get used to the noise here in New York. You just learn how to block out the annoying sounds of the many Domini-cabs passing by, hahaha. It was cool though. We took pictures of the stuff we cooked and all so I will send those to you next week! Did you get my pictures from last week? Pretty silly ones huh? I figured I'd take some pictures because I haven't sent any in awhile. I'm trying my best to take as much pictures as I can only because mom has been doing that a lot lately. So I thought I would share more of New York with you guys. I should already be doing that. Just need to be better at it.
Today is our P-day so we went to the Bronx zoo today! It was fun! But it was hot! Boo.. It was donations day so we only had to give like a dollar to get a ticket to get in. It was cool. The zoo is pretty huge compared to just looking at it from the outside. It was fun being there but there were a lot of people and that coupled with the heat was just badddd! We only stayed there two hours and then went to get lunch at Burger King. We took pictures today too so I will send those to you guys next week as well. All the pictures are on another Elder's camera. I was too lazy to charge mine. It was a fun day but I feel tired because of all the sun hitting me. I have a slight headache.
So you guys are going to the girl's retreat soon huh? Who will all be going to that? Some of the cousins as well huh? Cool thing you'll be there Nicki. You can keep an eye on all of them and you get paid to do that, haha. Hope it will be fun for you all. It will be a great fun bonding time with sisters and cousins. I heard you guys always have sleepovers too! Just like every summer huh? That's fun. You guys must going swimming a lot too. A lot of the pictures mom sends me is of you guys swimming! Haha. Don't swim too much or else you'll get dark.
Nicki, how is singles ward doing? Hope you are still enjoying that. Are you able to go to all the activites you guys have with all your work and all? Hopefully you are able to do so. But it is also good you are working. Keep saving and spend wisely! Been definitely learning how to do that here. Especially since we don't get members who feed us on the reg like the English program does. It stinks but I think it also helps me learn how to budget and not just waste money on useless snacks and stuff.
I hope you all continue to have a good summer. Enjoy the time you have and make sure you are safe with whatever you are doing. I can't wait to spend next summer with you all at home. That will be a fun time. Maybe we'll be able to go on that cruise that we've planned for so long. That would be fun. Also! You guys should try to convince mom and dad to send me one of those awesome picture taking cameras. Whose camera did you use on the 4th of July? Those pictures were really good. Was it Chrisette's? You should have her give suggestions to mom and dad. Maybe you can get it for my birthday? :D Haha. Anways, I hope you all take care of yourselfs. Enjoy summer and stay safe! I love you three and I miss you all. Help and take care of mom and dad around the house. They do a lot and work hard so it's important we do our part and support them any way we can. I"ll talk to you guys again soon! Write me back and I look forward to hearing from you! Take care and until then..
Love always,
Your big brother Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment