Elder Derrrick Castro

Elder Derrrick Castro

Sunday, August 21, 2011

May 24, 2011

Hey mom!

I'm doing great this week! Great to hear from you! I have been doing better with my allergies. No more am I feeling affected by them as I had been before. I feel much more healthy.

Thanks so much for sending all the pictures you did this week! There was a ton! It was good to see that Cha Cha and auntie Annie Grace had so much fun in San Diego. Good that they were able to go to all the good places to see in San Diego. Looks like they had lots of fun. Yeah, hopefully they will come back and go around more to see more places and to visit again. And the garage sale! That looked like awesome fun and I'm sad that I missed it! Oh well.. Glad to see everyone having fun helping the young women go to girls camp. It's a good way to come together and build good friendships while working for a common goal. It's always good to do such activities in the church to build up the branch/ward. That was a very good idea and it looked very well planned out. Be sure to send me pictures for the next sale they will have so I can see how that goes. I think I told you already but the stake here did something similar. It was cool. They also sold food too so that's also a good draw to those kinds of sales. I can't believe they raised so much already! Hope they reach their goal. It's just good to see them working so hard for something they want to go and do. Glad to see everyone have fun and have a dip in the pool afterwards. That seemed good because it looks like it was hot that day. It's been hot here lately. Signs of weather soon to come in summer. Not looking forward to it but we get by. Will probably have to replace some clothes after summer just because they will get nasty from summer sweat.

Wow, I can't believe Danielle will be promoting to middle school now! That's crazy to believe both young girls are growing up so fast. Good to hear Danica is doing so well too. Good for her that she is doing well taking care of herself and doing well in school. Both of them are really smart and will go far in their schooling. It's crazy when I see pictures of them and seeing how much they have grown.

Haha, I'm probably more busy than you on Sundays during church. I teach, I interpret both sign and speak. It's sometimes overwhelming because we're so relied on more than usual. It's tough because so many people are leaving the branch that really help the branch run so it's going through a changing phase. It's wonderful to see though because recently so many less actives have been come back to church! That's a good sign. Many people that I haven't met before are coming back to church and that's a really good thing. Hopefully more will decide to come back and we will continue our efforts to bring people back. I think that's cool you will be working with the youth. I think you will do a good job. The branch youth are good.

Still enjoy being here despite the tough schedule we have. We had stake conference last weekend and it was good. We interpreted for the meetings on Saturday night and the Sunday morning session was a broadcast from SLC and Elder Eyring was there presiding so we got to hear from him. Lots of the meeting was focused on service once again. I love the topic and seeing the church band together to help each other out is just amazing and cool. I really want to do all I can to serve people where I can when I come back home. It just feels good to do so. I always love conferences because we hear great messages from speakers and our stake leaders.

Dad is a machine! I don't know how he does it. He works hard just to support the family. It's like he never runs out of steam but I know he has us backing him up as a motivation. Dad is definitely someone I want to be like for my family. Hard working in every way to support my family so they can live and be raised in a good environment. I know it won't be easy but is anything ever easy? I just know I will have my family as a support for me as it is currently with our family now. Dad and you are great. I love you both.

I hope you feel better! I hope your week is going to be better! Continue to take pictures so I can see all the things you guys do there. I will do a better job of taking pictures. I always forget to take pictures which makes me sad because I am never able to capture a moment. But I will hopefully remember to take pictures where I can so I can send them to you. Thanks mom for writing me this week! I miss you and I love you so much! Again, feel better and have a good week and I will talk to you again next week! Talk to you then.. Take care!

Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment