Elder Derrrick Castro

Elder Derrrick Castro

Sunday, August 21, 2011

June 8, 2011


Yo Nicki! What's up?
 
Good to hear from you! I'm just happy that you got to e-mail me this week no matter how long your e-mail is. Good to hear that you are doing well. I'm doing great this week. Just got done with playing basketball this morning and also we had a zone activity. We have a birthday/"funeral" for some of the missionaries in our zone because some were going home in two weeks. It was really fun because the theme was "weird things you eat on your mission." So we all brought weird things we've eaten on our mission just things that we've come up with. It was interesting! We had things like Cottage Cheese and Doritos and other weird things like Indian food in Romaijin lettuce. It was actually really good! It was a fun time. We're still here in the church just e-mailing in the family history center. Another cool thing is that the church will be starting an ad campaign here in New York! They will be posting ads for mormon.org all over New York. On tops of taxis, in subway cars and in places like Times Square! They will be on big digital screens and we will be working in places like Times Square to support the ads! It's going to be so cool! We were all really excited for that when they introduced that yesterday! I got chills just seeing what will happen here in New York. It will most definitely help in some effect for our missionary work. We're excited to see the results of it. Already we've had some people coming up to us talking to us because there is a broadway play called "The Book of Mormon." It was made by the creators of South Park and it kind of makes fun of religion. I guess it's a coincidence that we're starting this ad campaign around the time this broadway play got popular. We're really excited for the things to come!
 
That's so cool you started your nanny job! I'm glad that you're enjoying it!! I hope it continues well. With that job you'll be able to do lots and pay for your schooling in the fall. Keep it up! That's good the family is nice too.
 
I want a cool camera so I can take awesome pictures here in New York. The place is just awesome for taking pictures. Specially since I'm in Manhattan. We have lots of good opportunities to take fun pictures! Hopefully they will send me one! The camera I have is good but lots of the pictures come out blurry unfortunately. So I am never able to take lots of good pictures. It's so tough. So maybe you can convince them to send me one if funds permit! Thanks a ton! :)
 
I think for my education I want to pursue Journalism. Like entertainment journalism. You and everyone at home knows I love music, games and movies. What better than to write about them! I love writing too so it all fits together. I want to go to a place where they have a good writing program and hopefully can get a job in entertainment journalism. I think that really fits me. I've been thinking about it a lot. I know before I was saying I want to do a job with computers but I feel really good about going into journalism.
 
I'm happy for you. Keep up the good work and you'll be set for school in the fall. I miss you and I love you little sister! Take care of things at home and help mom and dad all that you can. Write me again next week! Have fun at work and enjoy!
 
Love,
Your big brother Elder Derrick Joseph Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment