What is up my sister?! I miss you a lot and I'm happy you finally found time to e-mail me! Geez, you're just so busy nowadays huh? Haha. Just joking. It's alright I know even though you're home you're really busy trying to find work and get things in order for school and stuff. Seems like all is going well though for you. You think adjusting from coming back from school is hard? How about me trying to adjust when I come back home. Sometimes I think about it and I'm like "Dude, I'm excited but I know it will suck at the same time because I won't be used to it." Scary thought just going back to "normal" life. Haha. Will be interesting to see how it ends up when I am actually back. It seems like so much is changing already back home. It seems like everyone is getting married these days. Lots of the missionaries I know who have already completed their missions are back home and engaged now. So fast! Getting married is something I definitely want to happen but I know I wouldn't feel good about myself if I didn't have a way to support my wife. So it's like, getting a job, finding a place to further my education. Definitely seems like a lot to do. But as with all that's been happening, life doesn't stop so we have to enjoy everyday the best that we can. It's great that you finally found a job. Seems like a pretty easy gig. I mean watching kids isn't all that hard. It's just like being at home having to watch Danica and Danielle when they were younger, lol. There was this one girl from Utah who came here to nanny as well. She enjoys it. There's lots of girls who are members who come here to nanny come to think of it. That's good you were able to get a job though and now you're earning money!
That's good you're enjoying the Singles Branch. That's cool you are having lots of fun with them and stuff. Who is the branch president? Maybe I'll try going when I'm back. Haha. Seems like you are enjoying it so it can't be all that bad right? I'm jealous you went to a Padres game. I remember back in 09 I bought a Padres jacket because I wanted to go to a game but I never did end up going to a game. Never bought a ticket or had anyone to go with so I didn't but that's my goal! To wear that jacket to a game when I come back! Haha! Glad you're having fun too though.
Finally! Way to go! You finally watched the Star Wars movies! Good for you! They are amazing huh? We were both kind of late though watching them. I only had watched them right before I left for my mission but they are great as you say. Happy that you enjoyed them. Those R2D2 Mickey ears look awesome!
The work is going fine here. It's tough working in Manhattan just because there aren't many members of the deaf branch there. In the ASL program we work through the members to find people to teach and that's where our biggest success lies but we haven't been too lucky as of late. Hopefully we can pick things up soon enough. We teach ASL to a few stake specialists who are called in the branch to help out. I think it would help a lot if they knew it so it's good they've taken such a great interest in wanting to learn the language. Our branch President is moving to England soon, at the end of June so hopefully we can keep the branch afloat as it goes through this transition. Summer is almost here and it's so hot! Man, step into the sun and it's instant sweat! It stinks! Our AC is on pretty much 24/7 for that fact. It's like a nice cool ice box in our apartment so it feels good when we go to sleep at night. We're getting new mattresses soon because we have a bed bug problem. It's not cool because I got bites all up and down my arm. They're itchy! We just need to give our place a good cleaning!
Thanks for all the pictures you sent. It's good to see you are doing fine and are having fun and enjoying your time back home. No pictures this week from me. Nothing exciting has been happening. Soon though! You should convince mom to send me one of those nice cameras like a Cannon so I can take amazing pictures of the places in New York. Haha. But I will continue to take pictures and hopefully soon I will send them to you.
Thanks again for writing me this week. It's always good to hear from you Nicki! Keep writing me! Don't forget! Continue to help out mom and dad and look out for your sisters and I will talk to you again soon! I miss you and I love you. Have fun and take care!
Love always,
Your big bro Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment