Elder Derrrick Castro

Elder Derrrick Castro

Sunday, August 21, 2011

June 22, 2011


Dad hey!
 
Things are well here. It has been a little rainy lately but things are fine. Nothing we can't handle weather wise. Just need to use an umbrella. The weather lately has been good though. Nothing too bad. I hope you had a good Father's day. I wish I was there as with Mother's day too. I heard the girls all cooked for you and stuff. That's good! I will be home for both mother's day and father's day next year so that will be good! I gave a talk on Sunday for father's day. I got to "introduce" you to the branch. It was cool and I loved speaking about you and just telling them about it. It was fun and I felt like I could have gone on forever because I had lots to say. I had tears running down my face talking about how much I love you and am thankful for how you have raised me up to get me to where I am today. I just have to say thank you for that dad.
 
As for my shoes, they are fine for now. Believe it or not I still am wearing the Clark's shoes we got a while ago. They are still going strong. Not the best for rain because water gets into them easily but they work well. Shoes are shoes and I don't think I have to worry about them for now. There are pretty cheap shoe places here though like outlet shoe places that have good shoes for good prices so if I ever need a new pair I'll be sure to let you guys know. They have good brands like Cole Hann and stuff. Shoes are still a little expensive so I try to take care of the ones I already have so I can get the most out of them.
 
I see by the pictures that everyone seems to be enjoying summer break. Everyone looks like they are having lots of fun! That is good you are all keeping busy with fun activites while still balancing all you have to do with work and all. That's good and I hope that can continue for the rest of the summer. You should all go to the Del Mar Fair. I love going there. It's always so fun to just walk around and see all that they have set up there. Haha and that's just like the girls and cousins to go swimming a lot and get dark! That's funny I remember you always limiting their swim time so they won't get dark. That is good though because too much sun isn't good but at least they have a fun time swimming. Hope you can also enjoy biking more since it seems like you'll be able to have more time to do that with classes cancelled for the summer. I think it's good that you can somewhat relax a little bit more and just enjoy some time to go and bike and do the things you like to.
 
All work here is well. Still working on cleaning up our area books. Since our branch president will soon be replaced we are looking to I would say start fresh too. We're cleaning up area books and getting a better look at our areas to see how we can effective tackle specific portions of Manhattan island because we have so much area to cover. I think the next six weeks of this cycle will be good.
 
Thanks for the greetings from the branch and ward. Be sure to greet them for me back. It's really hard for me to believe that I am going to be home soon enough. Time is going fast and I will only have 4 months by the time Elder Gervacio leaves in October. I'm just trying to make the best of my time here doing all I can to help further the work of the deaf branch. I love you and I miss you dad. Hope you continue to be healthy and safe. Hope work goes well and that your rest of the week goes good too! I will talk to you again next week and look out for the pictures I will send you! Talk to you again soon!
 
Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment