Elder Derrrick Castro

Elder Derrrick Castro

Saturday, December 25, 2010

April 15, 2010

Hey mom!
 
Just got done in the temple and loaded up my laundry and now just waiting on that.
The temple was amazing like always and this time I paid more attention to the ASL translation that was being played at the same time. I was able to get most of it.
 
Lots has happened in the last couple of days. We got a new deaf Elder in our district. His name is Elder Gurr. He is serving in Anaheim, CA. He's pretty cool and now Elder Jex has someone he can sign to all the time. Elder Draper and Elder Cameron broke off their companionship and now Elder Draper is companions with Elder Gurr because Elder Draper got delayed two weeks. He will leave June 1st. Everyone else though including me will depart MAY 18th!!! I'm excited to finally know when I'll be headed to New York. It's so exciting!
 
Class has now moved into ASL only! So no speaking at all in class unless it's while learning something new like out of Preach My Gospel. It's hard to keep up but I do get most of what the teachers sign to us. Elder Draper and I will be in the TRC again tomorrow. It'll be the first time we'll be teaching in ASL in the TRC. I'm nervous but excited at the same time.
 
I'm getting my first haircut here at the MTC. I hope they cut it good. I really need a haircut because my hair has gotten so long! Hopefully this will be the only one I get here with my time left. I still need to get one 5 days before I leave too.
 
How are things at home? Cleaning going well? How are the girls? Hopefully things are great there. :) It's so exciting that you'll get to speak at church on Sunday. I'm excited to hear how things go. Just tell them whatever you feel is good on your update of me. I know you have lots to tell them and are very excited to tell them too! Be sure to tell me how it goes. April 25th right? You will all do great.
 
I'll go ahead and buy the backpack here. They call it the "official" missionary bag and its a shoulder and backpack at the same time so that's cool. Thanks for the packages you sent me! I love the jerky and the ritz and the kudos bars are good too!! And thanks for my sweater and the address book. I've already started to fill it up with names. Tell the YW in the branch thanks for the cards and letters! They were creatively made and tell both the YM and YW I will be writing them today and send something to you to give to them.
 
A couple of things I might need and if you can send are:
 
I want some Winnie the Pooh and Disney sticker sheets. So I can decorate the back of my name tag like my teachers.
I could also use my other NIKE shoes at home. The white ones that are Blue and Pink. They should be in the closet in the garage. What else... I think that would be good for now. I'll be sure to write you if I need anything else. I love you all and thank you for all your support, letters and other goodies you've sent me. They make me feel like you're here with me every step of the way.
 
I love you Mom, Dad, Nicki, Danica and Danielle!
 
E-mail me back and I might be able to respond later today. I have to finish laundry now so I'll talk and write to you soon! LOVE YOU TONS!!!!!!
 
Your Elder,
Derrick Joseph Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment