Heyy mom!
Thanks for getting back to me this week. Seems like you and the cousins and Grandpa had lots of fun visiting Nicki in Idaho. Thanks for sending me the pictures too. It made me feel like I was there with you all. It's always good to take pictures so you can always capture good memories. I'm working hard on taking lots of pictures for you all here in New York. Hopefully by December time I will send home a card full of pictures so you can all see some of the fun that's been going on here.
This past week has been really great. We hit a new high with our lessons and we just continue to work harder and harder. Last Thursday at our Halloween Carnival we talked to two people who showed up with one of the members and we could potentially have two new investigators! Along with that, on Sunday our current investigator Joseph Sabatel showed up to church! We were all surprised because he always told us he had a problem getting around walking but he braved up and decided to make the long trip from New Jersey just to come to the deaf branch. He truly showed very strong commitment and with that he had a great time at church. He was very excited when we gave him the ASL Book of Mormon and hopefully we'll be able to chat with him more about that soon! It's been going really well. We have a baptisimal goal of 3 for the month and hopefully we'll be able to hit that mark.
I'm glad things have been going well at home for you. How has work been? Hopefully not too hard. And also it seems like Cheyenne's baptism turned out really well too! Looks like lots of people showed up which is always good for people who are baptized. It shows the support and love from the members which is really important.
How was Danica's trip to the dentist? She will now have nice straight teeth. I went to the dentist like a couple of weeks ago and the dentist told me I have very nice and healthy teeth. Haha, I laughed and said that I learned how to keep my teeth clean from my mom. :)
Anyways, that's all for now mom, still got one more e-mail to write to President Smith for the weekly report but I look forward to hearing from you again next week. Again, thank you for sending me an e-mail and also for the pictures. I miss you and I love you a lot mom. Keep things up at home and tell everyone that I miss them and I love them. Till then!
Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment