Hey mom!
Great to hear from you like always. Still busy with all the traveling
I see. I'm doing great here and yes it is still very hot! Sounds like
you've had some fun adventures going all over the US. I know you like
to travel so I hope it is all fun even though you do get bumped from
the flights sometimes.
Going to Tenessee seemed like fun. Have I been there before? I don't
remember. Maybe when I was little? I enjoyed looking at the pictures
from your trip and the pictures from all the Elvis places in
Graceland. Must have been cool to go around the "King's" hometown.
Good to see that you also have time to hang out with the kids and take
them out. It must be good to bond with them especially since you'll
have them for the next couple of months until Nicki comes to visit
home or when I come back home. Hopefully through all of it you'll just
grow closer and closer to each other. Dad misses out but I know he's
working hard for the family. For that I am thankful for him and you
and the support you give all of us so we can live in a good
environment.
That's good you've started to clean and simplify the house. It'll look
good when it's in clean condition and hopefully it will be maintained.
I miss the house and miss cleaning it, haha. I know if you want to do
simplicity you'll be able to do it if you and the girls work hard at
it. Just like here on the mission. We may not have any investigators
but that won't stop us from finding people. The Lord has prepared
people here for me and I intend on going out and finding them.
Brother Dieter and Brother Kunz each wrote me this past week and I
replied with a letter back to them yesterday. I'm glad and very
thankful for the support they give me in their encouraging messages in
their letters. Brother Kunz even sent me $20 as well. That helps a lot
with food terms and also supplies I might need at the apartment. It's
great that we have such supportive members in our Ward to help me
while I'm on my mission.
It's great news the girls want to go out and exercise more. It'll be
fun and yet another bonding time for you and them. Hopefully it'll
become a normal thing. I get to work out every morning and have
already begun to lose weight! I feel great when I get a chance to work
out and I have energy to keep going each day. I'm feeling much
healthier than I did before my mission and that's great. We try to eat
a lot of healthy food. Our favorite is the Salmon patties from Costco
along with veggies and rice. It's good that we can budget well and
still eat good.
Today has been well. We went shopping this morning at Costco and also
bought a pizza. Reminds me of home. It's been a good day and we have
been able to relax. Later we have appointments so wish us luck with
those.
I can't believe Auntie Emma and the kids are ready to come to the US!!
That's exciting news! That's so great how much the gospel has blessed
their lives and you inviting them to church started it all. It's great
how their life is just changing. Make you will see them ASAP, take
pictures and tell them I miss them and will see them soon. I know also
that Sarah will make it to BYU-H. The Lord will help her and support
her in her efforts.
Well, I have to go now but I look forward to seeing your response next
week! I miss you and I love you lots mom!
Love always,
Your Son and Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment