Thanks mom for the information.
I really don't know how my tooth got in this state. You know I'm
really good about keeping my mouth clean and always flossing now.
Hopefully it isn't anything big and it will heal on it's own. I would
hate to have anything done to it. But anyway, I will go ahead a
schedule an appointment and see what's up. I'll be sure to update you
on that.
I can't believe Nicki already graduated! Hard to believe she will be
moving on the college now! She'll be off and you'll just have the two
little girls for awhile now. It will be a good experience for
everyone. It's like you're starting over with the two girls just there
now. I'm sure you'll still enjoy your time with the two girls while
your two oldest kids are out doing better things. I hope though you
enjoyed your time at with Nicki and the family at the graduation. Just
one more kid off to college and the young adult life.
Good to see that you got to travel to Arizona and visit Auntie Melda.
Hopefully that was fun. You always have fun whenever you hang out with
her. Hopefully you'll have a good time after you go back again.
Things here in New York have been heating up and it's hard. The heat
is pretty bad but we keep going and don't let it stop us from doing
this great work. Thanks for sending the picture of my Plaque. It was
cool to see it! I can't believe I now have one that shows I'm a
missionary. It's a great honor to have that hanging in the wall of the
church building.
Yesterday was Zone Conference and we met with the Mission President
and the rest of the missionaries in the city area for 6 hours
receiving training and listening to talks and such. It was a good time
and it was my first time I interpreted for Elder Melkonian because he
is deaf. I interpreted for a straight 2 hours long! It was amazing.
Even though I'm only supposed to interpret for 15 minutes at a time it
was still a great experience to be had. I enjoyed the time there
getting to better know the other missionaries serving in the same
area.
We've been diligently going to work everyday just trying our best to
share the gospel and invite others to come unto Christ. It's a great
thing when we are able to share something to someone in the street or
in the train. It's fun and it's really a great experience. This Sunday
I will give me talk. After interpreting yesterday I feel very
confident that I can do well with my topic for Sunday. It's on the
Articles of Faith so it shouldn't be too hard. I'll be talking for
about 10 minutes. Wish me luck.
I'll be looking to set up that dentist appointment for sometime next
week. Dad said you'll be sending another package soon. I requested
some Ritz crackers and a bag of dried mangoes if you could get that
too. :) Thanks mom!
Well we're off for now. Going to head to Chinatown and look at the
shops there. Hope you have a good day at work and hopefully you get
lots of rest. I miss you mom and thanks for everything. I love you
lots!
Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
Oh yes, something cool that happend also was this past Monday, a
member from Utah came to New York and treated our whole missionary
zone to breakfast at the Marriott Marquis hotel. It was an amazing
breakfast and probably was really expensive too! It was good though
and we were thankful for his kindness to treat us all out.
Anyways, write me back soon. Miss you and love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment