Elder Derrrick Castro

Elder Derrrick Castro

Saturday, December 25, 2010

September 22, 2010

Hey mom!
  
My week has been well. I'm just now finally recovering from being sick last week. I have just a slight cough now, but it's getting bettter. Last week we visited a family that is Filipino! I didn't know there was a small community near our home here in the Bronx so it was cool to see. Their name is Ardinez. They were a very kind family and are very faithful in the gospel. It was good to spend time with them and have dinner with them as well. We were invited to their house by these other missionaries in the English Program. It was a good time and it made me miss home a little bit because I was around Filipinos again, haha. It was a neat little experience.
 
And now for this week, we received a new missionary, Elder Jenson. He is from Utah and is Hard of Hearing. He has two hearing aids. He's a real quiet guy but maybe he feels like he is being overwhelmed by all of the hustle and bustle of New York. I know I felt like that when I first arrived here. Hopefully he will lighten up soon. Elder Gervacio and I are team training him and I will most likely take over training him once Elder Gervacio is transfered into the English Program in the near future. We'll see how that goes about.
 
General Conference is coming up. Are you excited? I know I am. I'm ready to hear the counsel of the Genreral Authorities again. It is always exciting to hear what they have to say. I'm looking forward to see what Elder Holland and Oaks will speak on. They are my favorite Apostles by far. Dad told me you are going to Utah for that? That will be good. Are you going to take auntie Emma and the kids? That would be a neat experience for them. General Conference time is a busy time for us too. We will be watching from the church building and will be ready to back up interpret if anything with that goes wrong. It will be an exciting weekend for sure. I can't believe it's already conference time again! Seems like only a little time ago that the April conference happened and now we're soon in October. Time surely flies by fast.
 
Be sure to send me pictures of Danica's birthday. I want to see all the fun that went on that day. I'm sure Danica is excited to now be in Young Women's. Good for her. She is really growing up fast and that's good. Also, be sure to e-mail me about you week and how it went. Did you travel or do anything exciting as usual? Or just rest and stay home? Anyways, things are going well as usual and hopefully things will continue to take off from here. Really we've been focusing on less actives and getting them back to church. Hopefully all our efforts will convince those less actives to come back to church and be close to Jesus and Heavenly Father again.
 
This work is surely great and I'm loving every moment of it mom. I can't ever thank you enough for preparing me for this time. Hope your week and day is going well. Write me back soon and I look forward to reading your e-mail next week! I miss you and I love you lots!
 
Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro-

No comments:

Post a Comment