Elder Derrrick Castro

Elder Derrrick Castro

Saturday, December 25, 2010

May 19, 2010

Hey mom!!!

I'm finally here in New York!! It's been a busy day for me today even though it is P-day. My P-day is today, Wednesday. So hopefully you'll see this today. The city is great and very busy like usual. The Elders in my apartment are very nice and cool. Their names are, Elder Wright, he's my trainer. Elder Gabriel, Elder Gervacio who is Filipino too and Elder Melkonian, he's deaf. This morning  we went to one of the chapels and I got to meet some of the other Elders and Sisters there. The church buildings here are sooo different. They just look like normal buildings with a sign above the door that says, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints" like all other church buildings have. It's very different. After that we went to the hospital to visit a member who is in the Psych ward. His name is Richard and he is deaf and blind. We didn't get to see him though because he was asleep. Now we're here, Elder Wright and I are just doing some e-mail. We're off to get some lunch afterwards and I don't know what else we'll do today. Yesterday when I arrived the AP's picked us up and we went and met the Smiths. They are really nice and we got to have dinner with them and we were briefed on what goes down in the New York mission. It's all a lot of information and I still need to get used to the place. It's very different but I'll try my best to fit in and hopefully things will get better in a few days.

Just a reminder of somethings, if you need to send a package, send it to the mission office then they will send it out to us. I'm not sure of our address in the apartment but I will write you or e-mail you again as soon as I know. If anything send anything you send me to the address you have and I will eventually get it.

I miss you all so much and I hope you are all doing well. It's only the beginning of my mission but I know things will begin to pick up speed and they will get better. I can't wait to get to work tomorrow and see what it is we do and how it is done.

Write me as soon as you can and I'll talk to you soon. I love you all and I miss you all.

Love always,
- Your son and Elder Derrick Joseph Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment