Hey mom!
As for my health I am feeling much better this week! No more sniffling or coughing as much. I'm back to good health and just continue to do the best I can in this work. It's hard to belive that time has been moving so fast. I'm now entering into my 7th month here in the mission and I can't believe I've already spent that much time here. It's crazy but I'm loving my time here.
I'm so jealous! You got Annual Passes to Disneyland! Wow, that's really great though. Now you can go anytime you want. That's fun and also very cool. I saw the pictures of you all at Disneyland. Looks like you had a really good time and hopefully will have more great times there in Disneyland to come.
Cheyenne is taking the missionary lessons? Wow, that's really great news. Hopefully the missionaries there will be able to help her realize that Christ's gospel is really true. It's such a good thing to know and for everyone to know that it's true would be amazing. We're just out here giving out that invitation to come closer to Christ and I don't hope, I know the missionaries there will do all they can to help Cheyenne realize that. That's great that it's been a fun time with her learning and all. Be sure to keep me updated on how that goes.
That is sooo awesome that you'll be going to conference in Utah yet again! That's really cool! It's always great to be out there and see conference live. But the spirit is felt everywhere in the world. I'm very excited for conference time and can't wait for this weekend to hear the General Authorities and to hear from my favorites Elder Oaks and Elder Holland. I will be so focused when it comes their time to speak. They always give great talks. And it is also a good experience for Auntie Emma, Jopet and Cha Cha! They'll be in SLC for conference and will be there live. They'll be able to see conference and the place where it happens. It's truly a miracle come full circle for them and their journey the last couple of months.
Thank you for sending the pictures of Danica's birthday as well. It really looks like you all had a good time with family and all and just keeping things very simple as of a party. That looked like a good time and I can't wait to celebrate all of the birthdays come 2012.
Oh I am excited to tell you this! I might soon receive a calling as a full time teacher in a new class they are setting up in the Deaf Branch. I was talking with the President of the Deaf Branch, President Blanchard and when we were talking he just told me he had a revelation that he saw me as the teacher for this new class. It will be a lot of responsibility but I know if I rely on the Lord, He will help me. It's nothing official yet. Might take a month but I'll be sure to keep you updated with that.
Also, It's getting colder so I'll want to go buy a jacket soon. There is a really nice one I saw in Costco and I'm wondering if I can get the money to buy it. It's $55 and it's Calvin Klein. Just be sure to write me if you put money so I can know and go and purchase it. It's nice for the price and it'll keep me warm out here in a rather soon to be cold New York. It's been cold and rainy lately so a jacket would help me a lot.
That's what's been up this week I'll be sure to update you next week!
Mom, thank you for all your support. I know you and dad work day in and day out just to support the family. I know it, and the girls know it. We have the upmost respect for you as parents and I can't think of any two better to have raised us in life and in this gospel. I will continue to work hard and make you proud mom. Now, get some rest. :) I know you probably had a hard days work. I miss you and I love you mom. Look forward to hearing from you next week.
Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
Hey dad!
Great to hear from you this week. Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. We were really busy and ended up not having enough time to come to the library to do e-mail so we got permission to have a little time today to do so. It is really hard to believe that the time here on my mission just seems to keep flying by. I'm already entering my 7th month in the field and that's really hard to believe. It is truly great to see that getting lost in the work has done much to help the time fly by. But as much as the time flies by fast I don't want things to end. The work we're doing here is truly great and I'm loving every minute of it.
I think I saw the jacket you are talking about at Costco yesterday. It's a Calvin Klein jacket and it's around $55. I tried it on yesterday and it fits really good. Would be good for the cold. Recently it's been raining and windy and cold so buying a jacket soon would do some good. Maybe you can put the money for that in my account and I'll pick it up next week when we go to Costco to food shop again.
That's great you'll be able to go to Utah and attend conference as well! That's good you got time off! I'm really excited for conference and can't wait to hear what all the General Authorities have to say. It's always amazing to hear their words and I'm sure this weekend won't dissapoint. It's also a cool thing that Jopet, Cha Cha and Auntie will be able to attend conference. It's good to see that now they'll be able to be in the place that they only saw on TV. It will be a great experience for them.
Oh wow, hopefully the Padres get it together. There's only like 4 games left or something like that right? Hopefully they end it strong and hopefully at least snag the Wild Card. Looks like it maybe come down to the last series. I heard they'll play the Giants for the final 3 games. Those will be the biggest games of the season for them! And the Chargers should pull it together. Still trying to work out the kinks in a sort of new team. Hopefully they pull it together like they do each year and win.
Thanks for all your support dad, it really means a lot these weekly letters and your words of encouragement to me. I know you and mom are working hard to support us all specially Nicki and I being away doing different things. I'm really thankful for that. Thanks again dad. I miss you lots and l love you too. I'll look forward to next weeks e-mail.
Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment