Hey mom!
Great to hear from you this week! I hope things are well with everyone
there at home and I hope you are all excited for Thanksgiving! I'm sad
that I won't be there but hey, one more Thanksgiving and then I'll be
home again! :)
It's good news that Nicki is home! Hope she is enjoying being home
with you all for a little bit of time. Sucks about her traveling home
and hopefully it won't be too crowded on the way back to school. But
it's good that she got there safe and sound.
Looks like you have some good plans for this week! Disneyland? I'm
jealous! I miss going there and I'm sad I'm missing the tradition of
going around the holiday times. And I will for sure miss the food! We
will be gong to the Branch President's home tomorrow for Thanksgiving.
It should be very fun. We will be there most of the day playing
football and eating afterwards! :) I'm really looking forward to being
with all the other Elders and having a good time tomorrow. They are my
family away from home, haha.
Things have been great this past week. It's been fun! On Saturday we
went to this place called "The Bronx Grill." It is the first buffet
I've seen here in New York! It was really good and it was a pretty
good price. It was a good time with the members in the Branch. It was
different being out to eat with a whole bunch of deaf people. I had to
interpret for everyone their orders, haha. Other things going on this
week is that on Sunday I will be speaking in Sacrament meeting and
also will be Joseph's baptism day!! I've gotten the program all set
and ready! It was a good experience putting it together and hopefully
I'll be preparing more baptism program soon!! It's just the start but
I hope we can help other individuals come closer to Christ. :)
I am keeping warm here! It's been really cold and windy as of late but
it's been good. Just a different Winter experience. Thanks for
gathering together things for a package for me! I'm excited to receive
it! I can't wait to see what fun things you will send to me. :) Maybe
some things you can add to that are maybe.. Some of those really good
cookies the Danish cookies thatcome in tins and stuff. I think they
are shortbread cookies. I don't know. If you can't find them I can
purchase them here. Oh yes, and my companion's name is ELDER
MELKONIAN. That's nice of you to send him something as well. I'm sure
he will enjoy what you send to him. :) Thanks for all of that mom. I'm
really thankful for your support and help. Also! Of course I will be
calling you all at home on Christmas! I'm just counting the days till
I get to call you at home. I'm really excited for that!! I'm also
excited that you and dad will be sealing in the branch once again for
Christmas! That will be fun. You should send me a copy of your talk so
I may read it too. :)
So Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I just want to say what I am thankful
for. I'm thankful for dad and you. I'm thankful to be raised in a good
home with good parents who raised me in the true gospel of Christ. I'm
thankful for my sisters and the relationship we have. I'm thankful for
all you and dad do for us to help us and support us and give us the
things we want. I'm thankful for you teaching me the gospel so I will
be prepapred for my mission. I look back on everythig and see that I'm
very lucky to have been raised in such a great family. I love you all
at home and miss you! Happy Thanksgivng!
Thanks mom for writing me this week. I hope you enjoy tomorrow and the
rest of the week! I miss you and I love you!
Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment