Hey mom!
Great to hear from you once again this week! Glad to see that things are still going well back at home. Sounds like things have been very busy as of late for you all at home. Busy going to weddings and all that fun other stuff. Hope they have all been fun and enjoyable experiences. Thanks for sending the pictures. It looks like lots went on and that's cool. Good to see everyone in all the pictures. This week although short still has been very eventful already! Transfer calls have come through and Elder Gervacio will be leaving us and will be transfered to the English program in Yonkers! That is some big news. Now the companionships here have been cut down to just two in each. With that the companionships are changed. I will be Elder Melkonian's companion for this 5 week cycle and Elder Gabriel will follow up train Elder Jenson. Elder Jenson still needs some work on him because he's still really shy with the members and all. Hopefully he'll break out of his shell sooner or later.
With that news, there was still one more position to fill. Elder Gervacio has been serving as our District Leader for the last few cycles. Now with him gone President Smith has called someone else. He has called me to serve as the District Leader of the ASL district!! It is really big news! I know it will be hard taking on new tasks but I know if I rely on the Lord he will help me with this new calling. Wish me luck in this new leadership position mom! I'm kind of nervous about it but I'm sure things will go down well.
Other things that have been happening.. we recently had a Branch party for Halloween coming up. It was a fun time and we met lots of non members so hopefully from that we'll be able to pursue them and be able to teach them about the gospel. Hopefully they will feel inspired by the message that the gospel carries.
Oh yes! About the jacket that I wanted to get. I didn't get it. Instead I bought this jacket from Elder Gervacio. He never really used it and it's rain resistant and it has another layer for snow. Its really good and durable so it will work for the harsh winters. He showed me the receipt for the jacket and it was retailed at $200 at Men's Warehouse! He only sold it to me for $40! It was a really good deal and has been keeping me warm and dry from the rain the past couple of days. Hopefully it'll continue the job into the rest of the winter. I'm ready now though. Got my jacket and gloves, scarfs and a hat. I know you continue to be careful with money back home seeing as you are supporting a lot there but I'll always make sure to inform you if I'll need money for anything. For now though I should be fine.
Mission work has been fine but I hope it can pick up now that I am District Leader. I really want to push for looking up non active members and really work on getting refferals from the other members because that is our best source for finding people. It is really hard to find deaf people here specially when they don't allow us to knock doors in the deaf buildings. Apartment buildings here have lots of security. Hopefully we'll be able to share the gospel to more people soon! I will be giving a talk this Sunday again about Priesthood Organization. The branch continues to do well. I love serving there. I continue to voice interpret in Sacrament Meeting for the reception of signs so I can analyze signs better. IT's been working well.
But other than that, all is well. I miss you mom! I wrote you a letter with pictures included so hopefully you'll receive that soon! Look forward to hearing from you next week! I miss you and I love you. Thank you for all that you do for me. Stay safe.
Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment