Hey mom!
Wow you're actually home in San Diego, hehe. Well that's good you're
home for awhile but you'll probably be traveling once again right?
That's good though, you have to max out the time you spend with the
girls while it's still the summertime. Nicki will soon be gone to
college and you'll be left with the younger two. It'll be different
but still a neat and new experience.
Sounds like you had a fun and busy time in Las Vegas. It's always a
fun place to go. I love going there specially the last time because we
got to see "LOVE: Beatles" which was fun to watch. I really want to
watch that when I come back again because I thought it was really
amazing! But that's good. You got to hang out with your cousins and
enjoy a good time in Vegas.
You'll be coming to New York? That will be cool! Hopefully you'll
enjoy it. You'll be in the safer part of the city that's good. I've
already seen most of the two burroughs I work out of and Manhattan is
definitely the best looking. So if you do get the chance to come I
hope you enjoy hanging out and seeing the sites again. Hopefully
you'll get around to more places than we were able to last time.
I can't believe my birthday is almost here! It's hard to believe that
I'll soon be 20! It'll be my first birthday on the mission and it
marks my 5 months here in the mission. Can't believe it's been that
long. Seems like time has been flying by fast. Hopefully Nicki has a
fun birthday and you'll be able to go out for a nice dinner. Wish I
could be there like always. I'm not really sure what I want to do that
day but if you could put money in my bank that would be great. Maybe
shop for some things and eat somewhere nicer than where we usually
eat. Should be fun.
Wow, I can't believe EJ's wedding is fast approaching. The rehersal
dinner will be held at our place? That's cool! Hopefully you'll be
able to get the backyard all nice looking and stuff for the time. It
should be a great month for our big family. I wish I could help out
cleaning and be there at the same time to enjoy everything but I know
I'm grateful to be out here serving the Lord. :)
I'll be giving another talk on the 15th about the Sacrament. It should
be easier this time since I already had the chance to give a talk
about a month ago in the branch. Other things to update you with.. The
members in the branch are trusting me more and my ASL is vastly
improving. I'm starting to sign way faster than when I began learning
which is really good and I continue to increase my signing vocabulary.
Other than that everything has been the same. I've been really excited
about teaching this investigator we have named Joseph Sabatel. He will
try to come to church this Sunday so pray for us that he does.
You're very busy back home mom and that's good. Keeps your mind on
other fun things while it seems like my time will be going quick here.
Thank you for everything and all the support you give me. I love you
and I miss you mom. Will write you again next week.
Love always,
Your son and Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment