Hey mom!
Great to hear from you! I know it's hard to believe huh? You have a missionary son who is out in New York serving the Lord. It's a great experience for me being out here and I'm loving every minute of my time out here in the field. Sure it may mean you are getting older but that means your kids are growing up. It's a good thing to see that all your hard work with us growing us is showing success. I'm thankful for all that you have taught me about in the gospel to get to the point where I've been today.
My week has been great so far. I have been off and on sick this week and hopefully will get better soon. Right now I have a sore throat but good thing I teach in ASL right? Haha. But other than that we've been on a big push to get the members family members to come to church. We're having a special home teaching this Saturday for the family members of members so they can come see and hear about the gospel and see if it's something they would be interested in. It's a great idea and it would be great to see some success from it. We've been busy passing out fliers for that. Yesterday we had Multi-zone conference at the chapel at the temple and it was a good time. Good to mingle with the other missionaries again as well as get taught by our mission president. I had to interpret and I feel like compared to the last time my skills in interpreting have gotten much better. We had a good time yesterday. Tomorrow we will have interviews with the president and those like always should go well. Things have been great here in the mission field. It's been getting a lot colder as of late and that's a really good change. Hopefully you can send me a jacket soon or maybe send me money for one so I can get one soon. That would be greatly appreciated. :)
Good to see that things have been like always been going good at home. You and dad still are very busy it seems even with just the two girls at home now. Is it a different vibe at home now with just the two girls? I'm sure you all still have lots of fun though. I heard Nicki is really enjoying herself out there in Idaho. That's really great for her. :) Is she making new friends fast? That will be good she will e-mail you each week so she can tell you about her progress. These weekly e-mails are really what keeps us connected.
I can't believe Danica will be 12! Wow, she is getting older and older. That's good though. This weekend should be fun for you all as a family. Be sure to wish her a Happy Birthday for me. Tell her I miss her and I love her. :) Sounds like you will have a good time going downtown and eating good food and just celebrating with family. That's always the best. Be sure to send me the pictures when you do get them.
I guess that's all for this week. Thank you again mom for writing me each week. Your e-mails help me get on with my week and they keep me wanting to do the best I can out here for you all at home. I miss you and I love you so much mom.
Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment