Hey mom!
Today was transfers and Elder Wright is headed upstate. Elder Evansen
took his place and now he is my companion along with Elder Gervacio.
Elder Gabriel and Melkonian are now companions. It was interesting. It
was my first transfer meeting and it was very fun to meet more
missionaries and mingle for awhile. I also received the package today!
:D Thank you sooo much! I love everything you sent in the package! It
looks all good to eat and will be eating all that up soon! :)
What happened this week... well I was able to go and teach a first
lesson to an investigator with Elder Melkonian and Elder Gabriel. The
investigator's name is Michael Bryant. He really understands the
gospel. We're meeting with him and making sure he understands all the
principles. Soon we will commit him to a baptisimal date! Isn't that
awesome?! That's been the most exciting thing that happened this week.
I also got Nicki's letter you sent out. I will be replying back
hopefully today if we aren't too busy.. thank you for sending the
stickers too! They're cute and I love them, haha.
I think I'm really getting the hang of being here in New York. I
really know how to get around well now. I know the train ways, subways
and bus routes. It's really cool to have a sesne of knowing where
you're going in such a BIG city! It's pretty unbelieveable!
This week we've been working on trying to get inactive members back to
church. That was really the focus of the Branch President. We're
working to get the majority of those 300 names we have back to church.
Other than that we haven't had many other plans. Just really visiting
members and seeing how they are and coordinating stuff with the
missionaries in the South. The work is busy, we walk alot but I'm
loving everything. It's great to see progress each and everyday. It's
always exciting to see what goes on next.
I just finished Alma this past week and am nearly done with the book
of Helaman. It's great to have a sense that I really understand the
Book of Mormon now. I can really apply the stories in the book into my
life and reading everyday makes it all the better.
Hope all is well at home. I know Summer is coming soon so the girls
will be home a lot! Hopefully they'll help you clean up the house!
haha. And Nicki will be off the BYU-I! That's soo exciting! I know
she'll do well there. How was your's and dad's anniversary? Hopefully
you were able to do something fun to celebrate. I'm sad that I wasn't
there but I'm working hard here to make you proud back home and again,
thanks for the support you give me each and everyday. Thanks for the
pictures you send and all the updates as well. I have to go now
because my time is up but I look forward to hearing from you next
week!
I love you and I miss you mom and dad!
Love always,
Your son, Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment