Elder Derrrick Castro

Elder Derrrick Castro

Saturday, December 25, 2010

December 1, 2010

Hey mom!

Good to hear from you again this week! That stinks that you got sick! I hope you get better soon! I am just getting better from being sick the past like 2 weeks I think. Well anyways, I'm feeling much better now and am getting better sleep. Before I couldn't sleep because my temperature kept on changing and it made me restless. The East Coast winter is harsh but I'm handling it to the best I can. Looks like Thanksgiving was fun at home! The food looked great and it looks like everyone was there! That was great! I did miss having your palabok at Thanksgiving time but we had a great time here as well. We went to our Branch President's house in the morning and we played football which was really fun! Then we just stayed at their home till dinner was ready later on that night. There was a bunch of food and lots of different pies! My favorite also, apple pie! It was a really good dinner and we even got to take some home with us after the night was over. Before we ate we expressed what we were thankful for, I was in tears when I mentioned my family because I'm thankful for all that you've done for me in the years past and how you got me ready for this time. I'm really thankful for all that you've done for me in terms of that. :) I started to cry reading this e-mail when you told me about dad blessing the food. Man, I really do miss you all at home. But I'm grateful for all the love and support you send me.

So our investigator was finally baptized on Sunday! He will be confirmed on this coming Sunday! It was a great baptismal service and it was great to see Brother Joseph bear his testimony in the end. Hope he continues strong and faithful in the years to come. There's a lot in store for him in the upcoming weeks. It was a great feeling to have helped someone onto the path back to Heavenly Father again. Hopefully this is the first of many! :)

Your birthday is soon! Ahh, I'm sad that I will miss it. :( Hopefully you will do something fun with the family and also have a chance to go out with dad like you always do! I will send you a birthday card asap. It may arrive late but I will send one! Got to buy one for you and Danielle tomorrow when I have time. One year older and one more year wiser! I love you mom!

That's so great that you were able to make it out to Disneyland! I saw the pictures and it looks like you all really had a good time! That's soo good you enjoyed everything but sucks that it was probably the cause of you getting sick! If it's cold there then it's like 2 times colder here I bet. It's soo chilly and sometimes there will be strong winds that nearly knock you off your feet! It's crazy here in the East Coast. Very different from home. That's why I love our home in San Diego. Always having nice weather and all.

As for the missionary work, things are going great! We're hoping to get 2 new investigators this week! We will be meeting with them and hope they will want to know more! We have a goal of 2 baptisms this month so we hope to make that happen! Like you said, hopefully we can find those people who are hungry for the gospel. We can provide! Haha.

And again, thanks for sending me a package! I want to send you all stuff from here so be ready for that. I'll be getting something ready to send home that I hope will be fun for you all. Nothing too fancy just so simple things that will make you think of New York.

But anyways, thanks for writing me again this week! I miss you and I love you lots mom! Hope you get better soon and get to decorating the house! Got to run off to an appointment but I look forward to hearing from you again next week! Talk to you soon!

Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment