Elder Derrrick Castro

Elder Derrrick Castro

Saturday, December 25, 2010

October 27, 2010

Hello mom!

Thank for writing me a short message telling me what you'll be up to this week. Hope you enjoy your vacation visiting Nicki. Tell her that I miss her and that I love her. Hopefully all is well with her and her studies. Hope your week has been going well too. The week here has been good thus far. A good start with 5 lessons in the first two days of the week which is another good starting spot for us. We're hoping to get it into the double digits by the end of the week.

Nothing too special going on this week. We have a Halloween Carnival on Thursday for members and their friends so hopefully through that activity we can find some new investigators and then also since Halloween is on Sunday we missionaries have to be inside by 6pm.

Last weekend we had Stake Conference here. It was really nice and focused a lot on missionary work. Two missionary moms spoke and also a recently returned missionary. They all had really strong testimonies about the missionary work and their testimonies really strengthened mine. It was great. I had the chance to sign interpret but found out through my experience I still have to work on that aspect on my language. So during language study I have been primarily been focusing on that. Along with those speakers Mission President Smith and his wife Sister Smith were present and spoke as well. They gave really great talks. President Smith always gives great talks so it's always great to hear him speak.

Hmm.. what else has gone on this week..? Well, the weather currently is pretty bad. It's like a really humid muggy feeling and it's raining at the same time. It's awful and hopefully will change soon. I want it to stay cold now and not be warm anymore. We already took out our AC and it feels like we did so too early.

Oh yes, just to inform you I took out $40 from my account today to buy some things I'll need for a Zone Activity we're having next week. It's Harry Potter themed so I'm buying some things to dress up like that for when that happens. I will for sure send you pictures of that activity along with many others to come. I should probably send one of my SD cards home so you can just upload all the pictures yourself. That would be easier and so everyone can see how I'm doing out here.

Hope all is well at home. Hope you and dad aren't working yourself too hard and that you guys get enough rest from all the work and all. Tell Danica and Danielle that I miss them and love them too! Anyways, I will go ahead a e-mail dad now. Look forward to hearing from you next week! Enjoy your vacation in Idaho visiting Nicki! I love you and I miss you mom!

Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment