Elder Derrrick Castro

Elder Derrrick Castro

Saturday, December 25, 2010

December 21, 2010

Hey mom!

Merry Christmas! It's good to hear from you this week! I hope this week has been going well despite the rain. It's been raining on and off here and I heard it will snow for the first time for real on Christmas day! That will be really special if it does! First Christmas away from you all at home. I'll miss being together with you all but I know we will all share Christmas time together again real soon!

Good to see that Nicki made it home safely and she and dad were able to make it to the branch party. I miss the branch parties. They are always so much fun and there are always a lot of people there! I see from the pictures that it was another good time! Wow, that's good! Seems like everyone was gathered there to have a good time and celebrate Christmas. A special time indeed.
I'm sure even though dad's birthday won't be the usual party at night it will still be a good one. Doesn't matter if it's big. All that really matters is who you are with and as long as you are with your family that's all you truly need. I will miss eating the palabok again but it'll make it that much better when I come home to eat it again. So I hope that day will go well. Danica and Danielle e-mailed me and told me you are all busy buying your things for the party.

I am very excited to call home on Christmas day! I will be calling in the morning like dad requested so I think you will all have to wake up a little early because of the time difference. We will be heading upstate on that day for a Christmas program and dinner so I'm sorry if I have to call a little early on. Maybe I'll be able to call in the morning and afternoon after we get back from upstate too.

We have not yet received our Christmas packages yet but we know the office has them. We will be getting them on Saturday when we go to Scarsdale for the Christmas program and dinner. I can't wait to see what you sent me and I hope you will enjoy what I sent you all in the package home. Something fun in there for everyone!

Christmas here is awesome. There is lights everywhere and every store plays Christmas music and there are people selling Christmas trees all over the place. There are other things like Christmas craft festivals and cool stuff like that. I think you would enjoy some of those things because you have a good collection of Christmas stuff and there are some unique things here that I think you would enjoy and like to have in that collection. I'm doing my best to stay away from getting sick. Everyone has been a little sick here and it's been kind of going around so we're all just trying to get as much rest as we can and just get through it. The weather is nothing we can't handle here. Are you planning to put more money into my account? I was thinking of using some money and doing Christmas shopping. I kinda used the other $100 you gave me to buy gifts for you all and ship the box as well. Just wondering. Thank you for helping me out with that. I know you wanted me to use the $100 for myself but I decided to get you all gifts. I think it was more important that you all received something from me so you can all remember me this Christmas. Think it's the first time I got everyone gifts so I hope you all enjoy! I know you are being careful with your spending and that's good but I know the Lord will continue to bless our family. I feel blessed to have such a great family and great support back home. I can't wait to call home and really am looking forward to hearing all your voices this Saturday! I hope you continue to feel better from being sick and hope all is fun and safe during these next couple of days! I love you and I miss you mom! I'm thankful for all that you've helped me with thus far on my mission. I will continue to work hard for this next year and when this time comes around again next year I will be that much closer to being home with you all again. Talk to you on Saturday! Can't wait!

Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment