Hey mom!
Good to hear from you! That's alright if you don't have a lot of time to write hand written letters. I know you are all very busy at home. I myself am very busy here as well. Since the ASL program covers pretty much both buroughs of Bronx and Manhattan it's been a lot of walking around and a lot of visiting to the extent of little to no success. We've seen and contacted deaf people on the street but they are not very into talking about religion. There are some really nice people here though, they see us and our name tags and they respect what we do as missionaries which is always a good sight to see.
Good to see that you have enjoyed your past couples of days. Hope they were very fun with all the fun at camping and stuff. Hopefully you were able to enjoy your holiday and not work too hard. Good to see the two girls are having lots of fun with all the fun stuff they are doing. I bet they're really excited now that Summer is just around the corner. Hopefully they will enjoy. I however am dreading the Summer. It really seems like it will be super hot here once Summer is in full swing and that won't be good. Lots of sweating and wanting air conditioning. But I'm making sure to stay hydrated and just knowing the Lord will give me the strength to go on.
That's amazing Nicki got a scholarship to BYU-I! That's really great news now that she will be able to go to the college she wants. That is truly a blessing. :) Glad things are looking up since I've been out in the field. It's only a short time till I hit 3 months. It seems like these past 2 months have gone by fassst!
That's good you were able to get in touch with the Gervacio family. Elder Gervacio is a good guy and he has a strong will to work. Elder Wright and him have really set the example for me to work as hard as I can so I can get the best out of my two years here. Yesterday we did a map activity to try and help us learn the Subway, Train and Bus routes here in NY. It went well and I didn't get lost! It's great to feel like you can get around without a problem. I know the Spirit is guiding us. During the activity we also made a few contacts with people which is really good!
As for the package you will send soon. Send whatever you think I might like or need. :) It's always a great suprise to see what you will send me whenever I receive a package. Getting a package from home just reassures me that I have a strong support group back home. Be sure to keep me updated on things going on. Thanks for the pictures as well. It's always good to see all the great adventures you are all having back at home. I will send some pictures to you too soon!!
I also have my address here for you so you can write me directly to the place where I live at. Make sure to send packages though to the mission office address you have just to be on the safe side that nothing in the package gets stolen. Here's my address so you can post it and people can write me letters:
Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
230 E. 167th St. #5K
Bronx, New York 10456-4033
There you have it! A New York address! Isn't that awesome?! Haha. Anyways, I'm almost out of time here. Got to write dad real quick then I'm off to meet up with some other missionaries and just mingle for a bit before heading back to work. I miss you mom and I love you a lot. Thanks for all that you do for me and the support.
Love always,
Elder Derrick Joseph Castro
No comments:
Post a Comment