Hi mom!
Just got back from the temple. Elder Jex and I did endowments today. It was cool because they have a whole ASL translation of the endowment movie. It's pretty cool. I'm doing laundry now and pretty much the rest of the day is ours since it's prep day. Elder Draper and I are teaching together in the TRC tomorrow, Friday so we have to prepare for that as well. I'm glad to see that you had fun in Utah. It sounds like so much fun being able to talk to all the news people and stuff. I enjoyed conference and I took 20 pages of notes!! I never thought I could take so much but I like everything I heard. My favorite talk was by Elder Holland. He is very bold and straight forward and that's what really kept me interested in his whole talk. It was a good weekend.
The days here seem to be flying by sooo fast now. I'm just 4 weeks and 2 days away from being in New York! It's so exciting! I can't wait to be out in the field using all that I've learned here in the MTC. Using it and really applying it and improving on it in the field. It will be great when I'm finally there!
Tell dad thanks for all that he's sending me. It really helps that I can count on you all at home to send me things when I need them. North Face backpack and my sweater and the goodies will be good! Auntie Beth sent me a package from Hawaii. It was full of Mauna Loa chocolate! I really enjoy the Coconut Macadamia chocolates. Those are really good!
Tell all the girls that I miss them very much and hope they're doing good in school. I'll be back before they know it! Time flies by so fast when you're teaching the good word. My teachers have been really big help for me learning the language and I'm feeling I really connect with my one teacher Brother Black. He's into English and Poetry like I am and he's given me cool exercises to do to really make the language my own and still learn lots! It's great when I hear from the teachers that they can really see my dedication in this work. I bore my testimony about the Atonement yesterday in class and I cried almost immediately. It was very powerful was the comment of one of my teachers, Sister Cropper. She also told me that I'm a miracle and a walking example of humility. My sign name given to me is Elder Sunshine. I'm called that because I'm from California and I bring sunlight to each class. Haha.
Well I hope all is well, I miss you and dad very much! And again thank you for all that you send me through the mail! Continue to write me through DearElder! If you write in the morning I get it the same day! Tell others to write me through there as well! It will be exciting to hear about all that is going on. Thanks again mom and I hope to hear from you soon! I love you all!!!!!
Love Always,
Elder Castro
P.S. tell the guys in the Filipino Branch thanks for all the letters. I got their mail yesterday and it was good to know that they all care to know how I'm doing. Tell them I'll write soon! Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment