Elder Derrrick Castro

Elder Derrrick Castro

Saturday, December 25, 2010

October 6, 2010

Hey mom!!
 
Great to hear from you this week! It has been a very good week so far and even a better past weekend with General Conference just ending. It's been really good and I throughly enjoyed conference. It was indeed a treat to hear the one person I was looking forward to hearing from first and that was Elder Holland. It's a coincidence that you thought of me when he was giving his talk because I thought of you as well. Both you and dad. I had tears streaming from my face when Elder Holland was talking about the sacrifice of the parents of those Elders and Sisters who go on missions. I thought of you and the girls and all the support you give me out here. How much you sacrifice and how hard you work to be able to pay the monthly required amount for the mission. It made me really have a greater love for you all back home. It's hard being away from the people that care about you the most but I can feel all your support from 2000 miles away. Thank you mom and thank you all. 
 
That is sooo great that you were all able to attend 3 of the 4 sessions of conference. I'm sure the spirit was strong felt there and it was good that Auntie, Jopet and Cha Cha were able to attend all sessions. That must have been such a great experience for them all. To finally be close and in the presence of the Prophet and the other General Authorities of the church. It must have been such a great time for them. Conference must have been an awesome time there. We had a good time here. We stayed in the church for all the sessions and it was fun just hanging out there with the members in between sessions and just talking about the past sessions too. It was fun! We were able to watch the ASL feed with the interpreters. I saw one of my MTC teachers interpreting at conference. It was cool! Maybe one day I'll be there interpreting! :)
 
Haha, that was cool you were able to scrape together tickets for conference. It must have been a fun experience and also a good one since people will be more nice about giving tickets to you. And that was cool you once again got interviewed! Wow, lucky! Maybe you'll end up in a church news story or something or maybe the pictures they took will show up in next months Ensign. We'll just have to wait and see, haha.
 
That's also good that Nicki was able to attend too. Good to see she is doing well with her studies and all. It must have been great to have her with you again. :)
 
I cannot believe it! Cheyenne will be baptized at the end of the month?! WOW! That's really great news! Be sure to keep me updated on that. That is really great of her to connect with those missionaries and be able to hear and accept the gospel in her life. That is a really big step for her. That is great the branch is growing strong again and now they have put back full time missionaries there. It looks good for the future of the branch it seems. Hopefully things like that will kick up here in our own little branch. Hopefully we'll be able to bring people back to church, get them excited about church.
 
This weekend we have a branch party so hopefully the non members who show up will be able to hear our message that we will give and spark interest in the gospel.
 
That is great things are going so well at home. Things are doing fine here. I will continue to work my hardest out here and make you proud. Not the bad proud but the good proud, haha. :)
 
I miss you and love you a lot mom. Thank you for all that you have done for me up to this point. I don't know what I would've done without all your help. Talk to you next week!
 
Love always,
Your son Elder Derrick Joseph Castro

No comments:

Post a Comment